Over the last few years there has been a swell (of tsunami like proportions) in the number of online homewares stores, so it's always nice to find one that stands apart from the pack. Kreo Home's mantra is to seek out and showcase quality and quirky homewares with an edge. They showcase and support talented Australian and international designers whose work so often goes unnoticed in a heavily commercialised environment. The brand is the brainchild of Maggie Pana, mother of two and Creative director of Kreo Home who became frustrated with the lack of unique products available to decorate her own home. So, she turned her frustration into a business plan and Kreo Home was born, offering products that are both edgy and fresh and anything but generic! Together with her husband Chris, Maggie has built an online 'destination' that has grown to have a massive and loyal following. We had a chat with the gorgeous Maggie and hand picked some of our favourite items form the Kreo Home range.
1. How do you go about uncovering all this wonderful Australian talent? I tend to spend a lot of time at local markets chatting with amazing local creatives, which gives me an insight into their passion and work. I also love forging new business relationships via social media, it's a place where community really comes together and shows support to one another.
2. What’s next for Kreo Home? Hmmm.... Well, what I can say it's going to be massive! Kreo Home is about to undergo a huge overhaul! We can't give too much away at the moment but what we will tell you is that a huge collaboration is coming your way! Stay tuned for some epic changes!
3. We know that you have two small kids. How do you go about juggling your online baby and your real babies!!?? Haha.... I'm not going to sugar coat this one, some days are a real breeze, others not so much! Life has a way of throwing you curve balls and you can either roll with the punches or let them overtake you. Keeping a routine with both my babies and my business baby is the key. I have had to teach myself to make time for me which is also very important (and something I don't do often enough).
4. Describe your personal style? I would describe my personal style as anything that screams attitude with an edge!
5. If you were a chair what would you be? I would have to say a Philipe Starck Ghost chair! For a chair that is clear, it has so much impact. I like impact!
7. Every woman should own ... A piece of art that inspires you, loads of notebooks to pen your dreams and a good candle to blow your senses!
8. I'm Listening to … Empire of The Sun, always a fave!
9. I'm reading … Life & Love, Creating the Dream by Lisa Messenger.
10. Can’t live without ... My hubby Chris, my gorgeous baby girls, Helena and Dallas and my super charged West Highland Terrier Kevin!